Vastu for Prayer or Pooja room or Temple roomOne of the important area in any home is a zone of tranquility, a prayer or meditation area. According to vastu, North east corner zone is best suitable for the prayer room or home temple. This is a place that brings us closer to a our Creator. It can be considered lifting one’s mind and heart to God. Here we can talk to God about the everyday things of human life, about our joys and sorrows, our needs and wants, our disappointments and pleasures. Prayer and how an individual prays is often shaped by religious beliefs. But one does not have to belong to a specific religion to pray. Prayer offers us an opportunity to commune with our Creator, draw on the revitalizing power of the Word of God, and to contemplate and more deeply appreciate our lives.
Tranquility zone is a a means of helping people attain inner peace in this crowded and busy world. It works by creating an atmosphere in which mind, body and spirit are soothed and made tranquil.
Best time for prayer can be at every early morning or evening , a thank you for a good day, for warmth of the sun, for love of friends who support and assist us even on our bad or difficult days.
This is a space where human-made problems are left behind like a wet umbrella at the door.
If you do not have the space to allocate an entire room for pooja, you can set up a small temple on the east wall of North-east zone of the house.
Important things about prayer room vastu:-1. Deity or image of god should positioned in such a way that devotee faces east while praying the god. West is the second best location.
2. Place water in the copper pot at north east direction of the prayer zone. Change this water daily.
3. Light or diya can be placed in the south east corner of the prayer room.
4. Photographs (pictures) of the dead/ancestors should not be kept in the prayer room.
5. Keep this room neat, clean and clutter free.
6. This room should be strictly used for prayer and meditation.
7. Due to shortage of space, some house have small wall temple kept in bedroom or kitchen. Small curtain should be placed in front when not in use.
8. Temple should not share the wall of toilet of the house.
9. It is auspicious to keep a Meru Shriparni shri yantra duly blessed in the temple. It is believed that goddess lakshmiji (goddess of wealth) is always present in shriparni wood.
10. Being a cool zone, place a marble kalasha containg water, silver swastika & half round pearls
11.A pyramid wish box containing yantra becomes more powerful when kept in the temple or at north east
12. Crystal shankha or Black agate tortoise is a powerful symbol for career or business luck when kept in prayer zone
13. Temple should not be placed under the toilet of upper floor
14. Avoid south door for the home temple
15. Do not provide dome on the top of the temple
16. Temple can be made in wood or marble. Avoid glass or metalic temple in the home
Nitien Parmar, vastu consultant, Mumbai
Vastu shop www.plusvalueindia.com